How do I arrange to study away?

Students are allowed to study away only on programs approved by the Faculty Study Away Committee or on Study Away Teach Away (SATA) programs taught by Connecticut College faculty. The Office of Study Away oversees all study away programs and should be consulted for specific questions. You should also discuss your plans to study away with your adviser.

May I study away at any time during my college career?

In general, only juniors are allowed to study away and their applications must be approved by the Committee on Study Away. Some Study Away/Teach Away -SATA courses will allow sophomores or seniors, but these are exceptions.

I'm a transfer student. May I study away?

If you transfer into the College as a sophomore, you are eligible to study away. Your options are fewer as a junior, but you can still apply to participate in a Study Away Teach Away (SATA) program taught by Connecticut College professors. 

All transfer students, regardless of class year, are eligible for the funded internship program and many students use those funds to support internships abroad, and the global focus at Connecticut College provides many other international and cultural opportunities that prospective transfer students should consider.