Q: How do I apply to live on campus?

We are a residential college, and 98 percent of our students reside on campus. All full-time undergraduate students are expected to reside on campus, therefore a housing survey will be sent to you once you are accepted. The housing survey asks about your likes and dislikes, personal habits, study habits, etc., to help us match you with your roommate(s).

Q: How will I get my room assignment?

If you are a student entering in the fall, you will receive your room assignment by email in late July. If you will enter at midyear, you will receive your assignment in January. (Be sure to keep us apprised of your correct email address!)

When you enroll, you'll receive an Enrollment Guide with a link to an online Student Housing Form. The form asks you about your likes and dislikes, personal habits, study habits, and so on to help us match you with your roommate(s). First-year students will be assigned to doubles, triples or quads.

Q: Can I request to live with a friend who was accepted to Connecticut College?

Coming to college is a time for students to foster new relationships and learn as much as possible. Living with someone you already know could hinder you from making these new relationships, therefore it is discouraged. However, each situation will be considered at on an individual basis.

Q: What are the rooms like? What should I bring?

Your room comes furnished with a bed, dresser or built-in storage, limited closet space, desk and chair. Each room is wired for the Internet. See our checklist for what to bring and what to leave at home.

Q: May I decorate my room?

You can certainly create your own "space" so it feels like home. But, please follow these guidelines for safe interior decorating from the College's Office of Environmental Health and Safety.

Q: What kind of computer connections are there?

For your computer, we have a state-of-the-art communications network providing sophisticated phone and data connectivity (wired and wireless) from every student room in residences and many academic buildings on campus.

The network enables you to access many academic resources, such as the automated library system, the courseware server, the CamelWeb intranet, email and the Web from your room whether you own an Apple or a Windows-based computer with ethernet capability.

High-speed wireless access is available in all student rooms and wireless connections are available in all residential house common rooms. Wireless routers are not allowed in students' rooms. Here's more wireless information.

If you need to purchase a computer, Connecticut College has partnered with Dell and Apple to offer educational discounts on many models.

Q: Is there a phone in my room?

No, but should you need one please contact the help desk and requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.  

Q: How do I get mail and packages sent to me?

Mail and packages should be sent directly to your assigned campus box. You'll receive your campus box number during Orientation. You will keep the same mailbox all four years you are here. Your address will take the form shown below:

Your Name
Connecticut College (Box ####)
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320

#### = 4-digit box number

Q: How do I submit a work request to have something fixed in my room?

There is a link to the specific page on CamelWeb in the right-hand column of this page. Here is a walkthrough on how to submit a work request with pictures!

Q: Can I have a pet in my room?

No. Life on campus is not compatible with pet ownership. Unless your pet is a fish, that is, in which case you can bring a tank no larger than 10 gallons.

Q: Is there storage in the residence halls?

There is no storage for your personal belongings in the residence halls. There is limited storage for items of no value, such as boxes and packing materials. Since this is shared storage, there is no guarantee that there will be space available. Any items stored in these areas are stored at your own risk.

Q: Is there a place to store my bicycle?

Bike racks are located in many areas on campus. Please make sure to bring adequate locking devices for your bike. Motorbikes are not permitted in the residence houses.

Campus Safety has a bicycle registration and property identification program, so register your bike when you arrive!

If you don't have a bicycle, look up Spokespeople, the campus bicycle cooperative.

Q: Will I be able to store my belongings over the summer?

Summer storage in any capacity is not permitted in the residence halls. The summer is the ideal time for conferences, maintenance and repairs in our houses and storing belongings would hinder this process. There are local companies that offer short and long-term storage. Otherwise, any belongings left in rooms will be discarded.

New England Student Storage Services is one option to help coordinate your storage.