2023-2024 Residential Calendar
Fall semester opening
- New student arrival date: Wednesday, August 23.
- Note: some programs, such as Odyssey and Genesis will have students moving in prior to this date.
- Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at each of the residential houses.
- Returning students arrive August 27-28. Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Information Desk in Crozier-Williams
Residence houses open in late August for the fall semester and remain open through fall break and Thanksgiving break. Houses close at the conclusion of fall semester final exams for the winter break. Students who will be returning in the spring may leave their belongings in their rooms. Students who are not returning should remove all of their belongings the day they leave so the rooms may be prepared for new students.
Houses remain open for Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break. All students not approved for Winter Break must move out of their assignment by December 18 at 5pm.
Winter break housing
All residence houses are closed during the winter break, with the exception of academic year-round housing. Students may apply for winter break housing if they have a College-affiliated reason to remain on campus for the break. Approved reasons include athletic meets scheduled during break and students who are unable to travel. Approved students will be housed in the Plex and Academic Year-Round Housing. Applications for winter break housing are emailed to all residential students during the first week of December.
- Houses close for winter break for all students at 5 p.m. on the last day of final exams.
- Winter break housing is available upon application and approval to students supported by a Connecticut College faculty or staff member and international students
- Please review the Break Housing Agreement (pdf).
- Students may return to their housing assignment on Sunday, January 21, 2024
- Houses will remain open during Spring break, but students will be required to register.
Summer closing dates
- Non graduating students must completely move out of their assignments by Wednesday, May 15 at 5pm.
- Graduating Seniors must move out by 10pm on May 19.
Summer break housing
The residence houses are used for conferences during the summer. Two houses are used to house summer residents. Summer residents are students who are working on campus, taking summer courses, completing internships or working with faculty members on research. Summer residents who stay for the entire summer move into transitional housing for approximately two weeks to allow Facilities Management the opportunity to prepare the houses. Summer residents are charged for room and meals. Applications are available in May. Students graduating in May are not eligible for summer housing, however they can contact the events office to determine if they are eligible for housing through conferences.