2021-2022 Residential Calendar
Fall semester opening
- New students arrive on Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021.
- Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at each of the residential houses.
- Returning students arrive Sunday, Aug. 29, 2021, and Monday Aug. 30, 2021. Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Information Desk in Crozier-Williams
- Keys will continue to be available for all students in the Residential Education and Living (REAL) office between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. through Friday, August 27, 2021. Beginning Tuesday, August 31, keys will be available in the Camel Card Office in Crozier-Williams during their business hours.
Residence houses open in late August for the fall semester and remain open through fall break and Thanksgiving break. Houses close at the conclusion of fall semester final exams for the winter break. Students who will be returning in the spring may leave their belongings in their rooms. Students who are not returning should remove all of their belongings the day they leave so the rooms may be prepared for new students.
Houses remain open for Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break.
Winter break housing
All residence houses are closed during the winter break, with the exception of academic year-round housing. Students may apply for winter break housing if they have a College-affiliated reason to remain on campus for the break. Approved reasons include athletic meets scheduled during break and students who are unable to travel due to distance. Approved students will be housed in the Plex and Academic Year-Round Housing. Applications for winter break housing are emailed to all residential students during the first week of December.
- Houses close for winter break for all students at 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 20, 2021.
- Winter break housing is available upon application and approval to students supported by a Connecticut College faculty or staff member and international students
- Please review the Break Housing Agreement (pdf).
- Students participating in winter break housing transition back to their academic year assignments beginning January 14, 2022.
Spring semester opening
- More information regarding spring semester opening will be shared in mid-December
Houses reopen in January just prior to the first day of classes. During the spring semester, houses close for the two-week spring break. Similar to the winter recess, only academic year-round housing remains open and there is a limited amount of housing available for approved students in the Plex and academic year-round housing. Applications are available by email two weeks prior to the break and there is an additional charge for housing and meals during that time.
Spring break housing
- Houses close for spring break for all students at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 11, 2022, and reopen at 9 a.m. on Sunday, March 27, 2022.
- Spring break housing is available upon application and approval to students supported by a Connecticut College Faculty or Staff member and international students.
- Please see the Break Housing Contract and Application for details online in February
- Students participating in Spring Break Housing transition back to their academic year assignments Sunday March 27, 2022.
Summer closing dates
- Houses close for non-graduating students at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 18, 2022.
- Houses close for graduating students at 10 p.m. on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Summer break housing
The residence houses are used for conferences during the summer. Two houses are used to house summer residents. Summer residents are students who are working on campus, taking summer courses, completing internships or working with faculty members on research. Summer residents who stay for the entire summer move into transitional housing for approximately two weeks to allow Facilities Management the opportunity to prepare the houses. Summer residents are charged for room and meals. Applications are available in May. Students graduating in May are not eligible for summer housing, however they can contact the events office to determine if they are eligible for housing through conferences.