EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU HEAR THE ALARM!
Occupant Responsibilities and Procedures:
- EVACUATE - Upon the hearing the alarm, immediately exit the building and report to the Designated Assembly Area. DO NOT use the elevator (if equipped), as it may shut down, trapping occupants inside.
- ASSIST - Assist disabled individuals from the building. If the disabled individual is unable to evacuate for any reason, assist them to an "area of refuge” in an enclosed stairwell, or room with an exterior window. Call 911 and provide your location. Stuff clothing/towels under the door to keep smoke out.
- CHECK IN - Report to your House Fellow, supervisor or faculty member who will be conducting roll call. Communicate the whereabouts of occupants who have not answered the roll call, and are known to be elsewhere.
- REPORT - Stay calm and report any pertinent information (Smoke, flames, smells, etc.)
- OBEY - Follow all instructions, and do not interfere with emergency responders. DO NOT attempt to reenter the building for any reason, until the “All Clear” is sounded.
Find the "Designated Assembly Area" for your building by clicking on the appropriate link below: