Q: May I decorate my room?

You can certainly create your own "space" so it feels like home. But, please follow these guidelines for safe interior decorating from the College's Office of Environmental Health and Safety.

Q: What kind of computer connections are there?

For your computer, we have a state-of-the-art communications network providing sophisticated phone and data connectivity (wired and wireless) from every student room in residences and many academic buildings on campus.

The network enables you to access many academic resources, such as the automated library system, the courseware server, the CamelWeb intranet, e-mail and the Web from your room whether you own an Apple or a Windows-based computer with ethernet capability.

High-speed wireless access is available in all student rooms and wireless connections are available in all residence house common rooms. Wireless routers are not allowed in students' rooms. Here's more wireless information.

If you need to purchase a computer, Connecticut College has partnered with Dell and Apple to offer educational discounts on many models.

Q: How do I submit a work request to have something fixed in my room?

There is a link to the specific page on CamelWeb in the right-hand column of this page. Here is a walkthrough on how to submit a work request with pictures!

Q: How do I get mail and packages sent to me?

Mail and packages should be sent directly to your assigned campus box. You'll receive your campus box number during Orientation. You will keep the same mailbox all four years you are here. Your address will take the form shown below:

Your Name
Connecticut College (Box ####)
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320

#### = 4-digit box number

Q: Can I have a pet in my room?

No. Life on campus is not compatible with pet ownership. Unless your pet is a fish, that is, in which case you can bring a tank no larger than 10 gallons. If you have a service animal, please connect with Student Accessibility to register.

Q: Is there storage in the residence halls?

There is no storage for your personal belongings in the residence halls.

Q: Where can I store my bicycle?

Bike racks are located in many areas on campus. Please make sure to bring adequate locking devices for your bike. Motorbikes are not permitted in the residence halls.

Campus Safety has a bicycle registration and property identification program, so register your bike when you arrive!

If you don't have a bicycle, look up Spokespeople, the campus bicycle cooperative.

Q: Can I store my belongings over the summer?

Summer storage in any capacity is not permitted in the residence halls. The summer is the ideal time for conferences, maintenance and repairs in our houses and storing belongings would hinder this process. There are local companies that offer short and long-term storage. Otherwise, any belongings left in rooms will be discarded.

New England Student Storage Services is one option to help coordinate your storage.