Connecticut College Arboretum
Photo Contest – 2023
How to Enter
PLEASE NOTE: All submitted digital photographs become the property of Connecticut College and may be used as seen fit by the College.
- This photo contest is open to Connecticut College students, faculty, staff and members of the local community.
- All photographs must be taken within the Connecticut College Arboretum including including the Native Plant Collection, Caroline Black Garden, Campus Landscape, Greenhouse or Natural Areas. (See Arboretum map)
- Digital photographs should be a minimum size minimum of 300 dpi, 10 megabytes (MB) or smaller, jpg or jpeg format, and should not include recognizable people or pets.
- Photos must have been taken within two years before the date of entry.
- Submit a completed entry form for each photo submitted. Limit of three photograph entries per person.
- If you are not able to complete the online form and/or upload your photo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Contest 2023” in the subject line.
- Entries must be submitted by 12:00 P.M. NOON, FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2023.
Judging will take place the week of May 1 and winners will be notified by Friday, May 5. The three judges will be chosen from Connecticut College faculty/staff/students, Arboretum volunteers and/or local residents.
Photograph Categories (See the Arboretum map)
- Campus Landscape
- Native Plant Collection
- Caroline Black Garden
- Natural Areas
Three awards will be given to each category:
1. Connecticut College Student
2. Connecticut College Faculty of Staff
3. Community Adult
4. Community Youth (under 18 years)
Winners will receive a selection of winning photo notecards and a one year Arboretum membership.