Q: Am I eligible for federal work study?

A. No. International students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Q. How do I find a job on campus?

A. Available jobs are posted in our Student Employment Postings website in CamelWeb (login required) the third week of August. You need to refer to the regular student positions.

Q. Is there a student employment handbook for international students?

A. Yes. You can obtain a copy of the International Student Employment Handbook via the Student Employment website in CamelWeb. (Login required.) We also recommend you to reference the International Student Tutorial on that page.

Q. Once I find a job, what do I need to do next?

A. Fill out forms:
(1) I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form. Go to Financial Aid Services. You'll need your passport, I-94 arrival-departure record, I-20 form and Social Security Card (see below)
(2) Proof of Hire Form, available at the Financial Aid Services Office
(3) CT W4, Federal W4, I-9 forms, to be completed with the Accounting Office. Please contact Chris Page at 860-439-2081 or Christopher.page@conncoll.edu for an appointment.

Q. Do I need a social security number prior to beginning work?

A. Yes. Under no circumstances will you be permitted to work prior to getting a Social Security number or providing a receipt that you have applied for one. In order to be permitted to work prior to getting your Social Security card, you need to complete the following steps:

(1) Complete Proof of Hire Form with your supervisor
(2) Contact Carmela Patton, International Student Adviser, to get transportation to/from the Social Security Administration Office
(3) Apply for a Social Security Number at the SSA Office.  (Please be sure to bring your Passport, Visa and Proof of Hire Form with you.)  You must request a receipt that you have applied for the Social Security card and bring a copy of the receipt to the Accounting Office. Only when the Accounting office has a copy of this receipt will your Supervisor be able to originate an Electorni Personnel Aciton (EPAF) on your behalf that will begin the authorization process
(4) You will receive your Social Security card within 60 days via US Mail.  You must bring your Social Security card with you to the Accounting office

Q. Can I have more than one job on campus?

A. Yes. An international student can have more than one job as long as it does not exceed 20 hours a week. By law and visa status, you are not permitted to work more than 20 hours a week in all jobs combined. It is strongly suggested to keep track of the number of hours worked per week so you do not exceed this visa requirement. 

Q. Where do I enter my hours?

A. You need to enter your hours via Self Service in CamelWeb. Handbooks are available on the Student Employment website in CamelWeb. (Login required.)