All full-time matriculated Connecticut College students are eligible to appy for enrollment in an in-person summer course at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, as part of the Course Exchange Program. Students should be aware that the number of seats in designated CGA summer courses is subject to availability and is capped at five.
In summer 2023, courses will be held from June 12 to July 21, Monday through Friday in person.
In the event that more than five students submit an intent to apply form for available seats in the same course, the Dean of the College will select students based on the rationale provided. Participation in the summer course program at the CGA is subject to final approval of the Dean of the College.
- Intent to apply forms are due April 28, 2023. Students will receive notification of approval by email by May 1, 2023.
- Upon approval, students will need to register for the summer course through the established process as outlined below.
- Graduating seniors are not eligible for CGA summer courses.
Questions about the CGA summer program application process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the College's course exchange program, summer courses at the CGA are tutition free for matriculated students. However, students are responsible for covering summer room and board charges or finding off-campus housing. There is no financial aid available for summer room and board charges.
- Summer 2023 on-campus room and board charges are $127.50 per week. Students will be charged for each week they remain on campus beginning the week spring housing closes in mid-May.
- An additional surcharge will apply for students requesting housing in the downtown Manwaring building.
- Students interested in on-campus summer housing must complete a formal application in May through the REAL office.
Summer 2023 CGA Courses
- 3117 Calculus II
- 8115 Macroeconomic Principles
- 8211 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- 1118 Engineering Mechanics - Statistics
Course Enrollment Process
Students accepted to the program will receive a course registration form from the registrar's office in order to obtain the signatures of their adviser and class dean. Please consult the table available here to determine whether chair approval is required in addition to faculty adviser approval, if you intend to take the course for general credit. Students taking the course for their major/minor must always have chair approval. Questions about the course enrollment process can be directed to email@example.com.
The signed form should be returned to the registrar's office (Fanning 105) so that the office can complete the course enrollment process with the CGA.
Please be aware that the grade for the course will be posted to the Connecticut College transcript exactly as it is reported by the CGA. Connecticut College cannot change grades that have been awarded by another institution.
While enrolled in the exchange course, students are held responsible for the deadlines and policies of the CGA that apply to the course, including the institution’s deadline to enroll and last day to withdraw. Students may not drop or withdraw from the course without approval from the CGA, their adviser, and their class dean.