Transfer Credit Application Process for Current Students

Pre-approval process

Students planning to take courses elsewhere for transfer toward the Connecticut College degree must complete the Transfer Credit Application Form. Pre-approval of all transfer credit is required. Courses must be offered at accredited institutions of higher education.

The form must be signed by the student's adviser. The class dean's signature is always required. 

Students planning on transferring courses that are offered online*, or those that will count toward General Education/Modes of Inquiry or for the major or minor must also seek the approval of the appropriate department or program chair, who will sign the approval form. *Please note that approval of online courses is at the sole discretion of the department/program; not all departments/programs approve online courses.  

If you are taking the course for general credit, please consult the table below to determine whether the course you plan to take requires Chair Approval & signature in addition to faculty adviser approval:

Department/Program                                          Faculty adviser approval is sufficient if the course(s) will be used for general credit   Students must seek chair approval in addition to faculty adviser approval, for courses which will be used for general credit
Africana Studies  
American Studies  
Architectural Studies  
Art History  
Art Studio  
Computer Science  
East Asian Languages & Cultures  
Environmental Studies  
Film Studies  
French and Francophone  
Gender, Sexuality, & Intersectionality Studies  
German Studies  
Global Islamic Studies  
Government and International Relations  
Hispanic Studies  
Human Development  
Mathematics & Statistics  
Slavic Studies  

Obtaining credit

To obtain credit once the coursework is completed:

  • Request that an official final transcript be sent directly to the attention of the Registrar's office via mail or to
  • If the transcript and transfer credit application are on file, the course(s) will be evaluated and posted by the end of the drop/add period in the next fall or spring semester in which you enroll at Connecticut College.
  • Transcripts received by the Registrar's office during the semester will be evaluated and posted within two weeks of receipt, provided that a transfer credit application is on file.
  • Course exceptions will be applied once the credit has been posted.

All grades and credits earned at the host institution are posted to the Connecticut College transcript and included in the student's GPA. Once credit is posted, it will not be removed from the student's academic record.

Additional questions about transfer credit for current students should be directed to