Desktop Support Service Level Agreement for Students
IT Service Desk
Provide the following support for student computers and network connections throughout campus:
- Connecticut College is not an authorized repair facility for any computer manufacturer. If your computer is under warranty you may have to contact the manufacturer to get warranty repair work done. The IT Service Desk can, however, assist you with the initial diagnosis.
- Provide walk-in, phone and email support for supported software, virus, networking, wireless and spyware questions. Level One support means that the IT Service Desk staff will resolve the problem if they can. If unable to resolve the problem, the IT Service Desk staff will log the problem for the appropriate technician or work with you to make an appointment to bring your computer in.
- Report widespread network problems to Information Services staff:
- During business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5 pm) - within 15 minutes
- After business hours – phone calls and emails will be made to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain IT Service Desk website, where faculty/staff/students can personally download software utilized by the IT Service Desk to troubleshoot their computer problems.
- Assign staff network connection problems to the appropriate network technician and track the repair process.
- Troubleshoot and deploy anti-virus and software updates.
- Troubleshoot software updates, if necessary.
- Produce an appointment schedule for student computer repairs of software, virus & and spyware problems. The availability of appointments is on a first come, first served basis. Appointments are typically available within 48 hours, except during the beginning of each semester when appointments may not be available for up to 96 hours, unless the college is experiencing a catastrophic network failure or virus.