As the leadership group of parents at Connecticut College, the Parents Council works toward fostering a vibrant and informed parent community in support of the College's mission to educate students to put the liberal arts into action as citizens in a global society. Council members seek to engage parents in the life of the College and serve as ambassadors in their communities and as liaisons for parents of current students and alumni. Engaging parents and increasing support of the College is the primary focus of the Parents Council.
The Parents Council meets twice a year, once in the fall during Fall Weekend and once in the spring.
Ways in which Parents Council members serve the College:
- Take a leadership role in supporting the College by generating interest in and awareness of the Parents Fund. The Parents Fund, as part of the Connecticut College Fund, provides crucial unrestricted dollars that support every aspect of a Connecticut College education: financial aid, study abroad, athletic equipment, visiting scholars and countless programs and opportunities that define the Connecticut College student experience.
- Serve on one of the Parents Council Committees
- Career Preparation - Develop outreach mechanisms to educate parents as to ways they can become involved in preparing students for careers post-graduation through job shadowing, internships, career panels and distinguished parent speakers.
- Programming - Develop regional and on-campus programs geared specifically for parents.
- Assist the Office of Admission by welcoming new families to the College and hosting regional receptions throughout the year.
Members of the 2016-17 Parents Council
Peter Skaperdas and Kathleen Auda P'17 - New Canaan, Connecticut
Parents of Class of 2017 Students
Peter and Patricia Bishop - Wellesley, Massachusetts
Bruce and Beth Brier - Summit, New Jersey
Jon and Joan Dodd - Wakefield, Rhode Island
Thomas and Jennifer Eddy - Ipswich, Massachusetts
Theodore and Hilary Giuliano - New York, New York
Gerard and Laura Hall - Durham, North Carolina
Philip and Ruth Maffa - Lexington, Massachusetts
Bob and Mary Ellen McMillan - Chapel Hill, North Carolina
J. Roy Pottle and Dianne Pink - Wellesley, Massachusetts
Gordon '86 and Maureen Conlin Rudd '87 - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tom Sargent '82 and Allison Ijams '82 - Wellesley, Massachusetts
Parents of Class of 2018 Students
Bill '81 and Katie Barrack - Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
Michael and Simone Branigan - Pacific Palisades, California
R.J. and Barbra Bukovac - Winnetka, Illinois
Boris Elisman and Karen Hymes - Lake Forest, Illinois
Kevin and Nicole Kelly - Concord, Massachusetts
Robert & Elizabeth Laible - Rowayton, Connecticut
John and Elizabeth Linehan - Towson, Maryland
Tom and Brooke Loughlin - Summit, New Jersey
Byron and Nancy Pinckert - Long Beach, California
Marc and Sheryl Stuart - Oakland, California
Per and Elizabeth Suneby - Wellesley, Massachusetts
Mark and Deborah Yacos - Wyckoff, New Jersey
Angelo '86 and Kirsten Deconti Ziotas '86 - New Canaan, Connecticut
Parents of Class of 2019 Students
David and Sandi Abraham - Reading, Pennsylvania
Bart and Gina Breakstone - New Canaan, Connecticut
Bill and Skye Brewer - Greenwich, Connecticut
Andrew and Karen Saurino Fife '85 - New York, New York
Edward and Deborah Kasper - Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
Ethan and Lisa Lerner - Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Brian and Robin Lynch - Wilton, Connecticut
Dirk and Jennifer Miller - Wayzata, Minnesota
William Parker and Susanne Beck - Boston, Massachusetts
Parents of Class of 2020 Students
Bradfors and Jane Brown - Acton, Massachusetts
Leroy and Lola Colombe - Kailua, HI
Stephen Greene and Elaine Haemisegger - Germantown, Maryland
Richard and Emily Alexander - Bethesda, Maryland
Paul and Julie Leff - New York, New York
Chris and Tina Simon - New York, New York
Eric and Kimberly Waldman - East Hampton, New York
For further information about the Parents Council and the Parents Fund, please contact Matt Glasz at Matt.Glasz@conncoll.edu or 860-439-5260.