About the Friends of the Library
Founded in 1945, the Friends of the Connecticut College Library is an informal organization of individuals who share an interest in the programs and well-being of the library. Friends are drawn from the faculty, staff, and alumni of Connecticut College, as well as from residents of Southeastern Connecticut. Donations from the Friends of the Library help make possible lectures, receptions, scholarships, and the acquisition and preservation of rare materials for Special Collections & Archives. Friends receive special invitations to Library lectures, receptions, and exhibition openings and to a Friends-only open house and reception. Those who contribute $50 or more also receive borrowing privileges at the Connecticut College library.
The mailing address for the Friends of the Library is
Friends of the Connecticut
Charles E. Shain Library
270 Mohegan Ave.
New London CT 06320
Inquiries about membership, events, and the scholarship can be directed by email or telephone (860-439-2654) to Benjamin Panciera, Ruth Rusch Sheppe '40 Director of Special Collections & Archives.