Welcome to Connecticut College! The following information is to help you as you make the transition to college and to better understand how Student Accessibility Services can support you.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed by Jessica Lahey
- How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults by Frances E. Jensen
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.
- An Open Letter for Parents of Students with Disabilities about to Enter College
- Two very useful resources from other colleges that explain the differences between high school and college regarding students with disabilities:
- Parent Guide to DSO - from University of Cincinnati Disability Services Office
- Toto, I Have a Feeling We're Not in High School Anymore... - from the University of Montana-Missoula Disability Services for Students